Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for (in no particular order):
  • my sister, Baby A, but you all knew that. I'm pretty sure she (usually) knows it, too.
  • my education. Public higher education in California is going through some major issues that must be resolved, but through it all, I am here to get my degrees and I know that I am lucky. Baby A and I are particularly grateful for scholarships and grants this year, as we will be in the coming years as well, I am sure. I personally have met students who are either honestly unsure if they can continue their education in this university system or know that they must try to go elsewhere next year or face not finishing their degree at all. I am not taking my education for granted.
  • our kitties. Pets are important, and our boys bring us joy. It's nice having pets in college. Money and time, yes, they require those, but pets reduce stress for everyone, even college kids. So worth it.
  • my family and friends. Of course.
  • the internet. Oh, what? You were totally thinking it too.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Alison

No comments: