Saturday, April 25, 2009

Marching for Maddie

Dear Madeline,

Baby A wrote a letter to you in the comments of one of your mommy's post. So I thought I would write a little something too.


Oh, Maddie. We all, ALL, wish you could be bopping along in your stroller or being carried by your daddy or hanging on to your mommy right now, as they, along with something like 70+ people, march on your March for Maddie team in LA.
You have inspired so many people to get involved with the March of Dimes. I remember when I just landed on The Spohrs Are Multiplying, and I clicked on the tab "Who is Maddie?"At the bottom, your mommy wrote "She's even got a favorite charity!" with a link to the March of Dimes. I thought it was so cute. And when I saw your picture, I was gone. Gone. It was official. I was pretty much a Maddie fangirl, in a totally non-creepy, non-stalkerish way.

I still am a Maddie fangirl, you know. How could someone forget the Moozer? That's like someone forgetting about the sun. Your mommy called you her "sun eyed girl" and there could not be a more perfect description. Many of us only saw your beautiful eyes in photos, but their rays reached into our hearts.



Your parents probably did not realize what they were starting when they began to post your story and your life on the internet. They did not realize that, besides data and information, love flowed across the web, reaching people's homes who never even met you. Myself included. So much love, sweet girl, because of YOU.

So, today, right now, Baby A, some friends, and I are marching for you, Madeline.
As Baby A said, you'll see the purple balloons.

Love,
Alison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful post!